Narcissa

I used to look at the mirror for so long,

They named me Narcissa 

While I looked for what was wrong


Raven locks flowed down my back

The perfect chin and dainty nose

The swell of my breasts 

And the perfect pose


Corsets and bows went on my body

Like a prized possession I was kept 

They told me stories of the prince kissing

While the princess slept 


One day I slashed my ribbons and left

Fought a bear and a lion in it's cave

Came back with a mighty scar on my face

They told me my face was broken 


You say it looks ugly on me 

But would've called a man with this great

Do you know it feels more like me than my

Womanly waist ever did


Finally my heart, my heart was able

The fierce freedom of being alive

Took me a while to realise 

The curve of my scar

Is gentler than that my of chest



Raven tresses flowed free in the wind 

My jagged scar in all it's glory

I cut off my bosom and took a manly stride 

My body is finally holy


- Soumita Chakraborty


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonu